The Contact series feature a shaped and slightly deeper profile with a relatively larger bell. The stick feel is very lively, The pitch is higher but still rich and warm. These are medium to medium thin cymbals that speak very easily. Faster and louder, these plates also have depth and complexity in the undertones and a shimmering wash that drives the sound forward and up. At home in studio or live situations.
These new 8" splashes are fast and bright like little firecrackers. The Contact Splash is especially bright and features tapered lathing so that the edges are thin. This results in a cymbal with fast attack and quick decay perfectly suited for its size.
- Surface: wide deep lathing by hand
- Bow: medium taper
- Bell: larger, articulate, clear
- Weight: medium to medium thin, very fast but solid response
- Hammering: deep hammered hot and cold
- Stick: very crisp and fast
- Wash: higher pitch, medium long decay