Celebrating the 140th anniversary of the company, Sonor brings back an iconic look and sound of the time between the 1950's and early 1970's. The Sonor team, in cooperation with artists and collectors, worked tirelessly to bring the vintage series drums as close as possible to the look, feel, and sound of its predecessor, the Teardrop drums. Sonor combined its knowledge of modern drum building with the look and sound of vintage drums to create an instrument that will hold up to today's modern playing.
Like the original Teardrop drums, The Vintage Series Drums feature hand-selected premium German Beech shells with rounded bearing edges. Sonor has carefully recreated the look of the 1950's teardrop lug and updated it with Sonor's exclusive Tunesafe tuning system. Not overlooking any details, Sonor has redesigned the Superprofil triple flanged hoops, and brought back the timeless Sonor logo and badge used between 1952 & 1961. Vintage Snare Drums feature a new throw off. The Super 50', a completely redesigned strainer, was inspired by the throw off which was used on the Sonor D-411 & D-412 snares in the 1950's. Features:
- Shell Material- German Beech wood
- Shell Construction- 9-ply/6mm cross laminated tension free
- Bearing Edge- rounded bearing edges
- Shell Hardware- chrome (Teardrop lugs featuring TuneSafe)
- Snare Strainer- Super 50, redesigned throw off strainer system of the 50's
- Snare Wires- SW1418S (18 wires stainless steel) Made in Germany
- Drum Heads- Remo
- Badges- Teardrop era styled
- 20 x 14 Bass Drum
- 12 x 8 Tom
- 14 x 12 Floor Tom
Snare Drum Not Included. Available as add on. Contact us if you would like this shell pack with a bass drum mount.