The very first Bliss prototypes were a unique micro-lathed hand hammered cymbal with a signature soft edge, low profile bell and gradual taper. Overnight these became collector’s items. So popular we released them as their own line: Vintage Bliss.
Their unique shape and weight give them and even wilder froth of ocean in the sound, while maintaining a rich warm stick sound. Supremely responsive and full bodied they also have a fairly fast decay. These make truly functional crash-rides, the crashes are full and punchy while maintaining a defined stick sound supported by just the right amount of wash.
Vintage Bliss series on the whole produce a decidedly jazzy sound — in part, due to long sustain, and a remarkably wide overtone series that heavily emphasizes darker, lower tones. That being said, we have so many drummers fall in love with the 19" as a great full bodies but super responsive and complex big crash.
- Surface: micro-lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: broad shoulder, smooth transition medium low height
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: tons of wash, dragons breath, lots of wobble, quick decay