Bliss series are new cymbals made in the ancient tradition. Every one is an individual work of art, painstakingly hand forged, and hand hammered.
They have a warmth that seduces at low volume and thunders with a froth of dark undertones at more extreme volumes. These cymbals come alive, shimmering and wobbling as if the mere touch of human hands excites the cymbal and it can’t wait to get it’s voice out there and sing.
Like all Bliss series cymbals, the surface areas of this Bliss 17” Crash cymbal is made up of ultra-thin stripes created by micro-lathing. This micro-lathing lends a particularly rounded and woody sound to it’s excellent stick definition while allowing responsive attack and control.
- Surface: micro lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: small, articulate, clear
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: lots of full spectrum wash, quick decay