The Contact series feature a shaped and slightly deeper profile with a relatively larger bell. The stick feel is very lively, The pitch is higher but still rich and warm. These are medium to medium thin cymbals that speak very easily. Faster and louder, these plates also have depth and complexity in the undertones and a shimmering wash that drives the sound forward and up. At home in studio or live situations.
This is the little kahuna of Contact rides. Introduced in 2011, it has the stiffer feel needed for great rock rides yet the surface response is exceptional. The ping cuts though just about anything, yet never becomes annoying or tiresome to the ear. This exceptional cymbal is powerful enough for rock yet sensitive and responsive enough for jazz.
- Surface: wide deep lathing by hand
- Bow: medium taper
- Bell: larger, articulate, clear
- Weight: medium to medium thin, very fast but solid response
- Hammering: deep hammered hot and cold
- Stick: very crisp and fast
- Wash: higher pitch, medium long decay