The Contact series feature a shaped and slightly deeper profile with a relatively larger bell. The stick feel is very lively, The pitch is higher but still rich and warm. These are medium to medium thin cymbals that speak very easily. Faster and louder, these plates also have depth and complexity in the undertones and a shimmering wash that drives the sound forward and up. At home in studio or live situations.
This is a great ride. Plenty of ping but without the stiffness and weight of the heavy ride. This responds well and has clear stick definition and an articulate bell. The larger size provides that broadness of pallet only available with a 22 or bigger.
- Surface: wide deep lathing by hand
- Bow: medium taper
- Bell: larger, articulate, clear
- Weight: medium to medium thin, very fast but solid response
- Hammering: deep hammered hot and cold
- Stick: very crisp and fast
- Wash: higher pitch, medium long decay