The Contact series feature a shaped and slightly deeper profile with a relatively larger bell. The stick feel is very lively, The pitch is higher but still rich and warm. These are medium to medium thin cymbals that speak very easily. Faster and louder, these plates also have depth and complexity in the undertones and a shimmering wash that drives the sound forward and up. At home in studio or live situations.
The Contact 18” Crash Ride is a versatile and superior performer. If you are going to just bring one to a pop or rock job, this fits the bill. A loud crash, it remains easily controlled, which is not so easy with louder cymbals. As a ride it provides just enough articulation to allow its full versatility to shine through.
- Surface: wide deep lathing by hand
- Bow: medium taper
- Bell: larger, articulate, clear
- Weight: medium to medium thin, very fast but solid response
- Hammering: deep hammered hot and cold
- Stick: very crisp and fast
- Wash: higher pitch, medium long decay