Once in a while a new cymbal comes along that is a must have and redefines a generation of drummers. The new Pang series from Dream may be just that for this generation.
Neither a china nor a ride nor a swish, it somehow combines elements of all of these to create a whole new color in cymbals sounds. The unique inverted bell combined with the radical shape creates an extremely fast crash with a sound palette that is entirely new. Loud, brash but not strident.
The 16” Pang delivers a huge sounding crash, extremely fast and with an explosive roaring wash that disappears leaving you breathless.
- Surface: lathed, standard knife
- Bow: double flange
- Bell: shallow, inverted and slightly flattened
- Weight: medium
- Hammering: deep hammered hot and cold
- Stick: very clear, cutting projection
- Wash: explosive, fast, loud, raw