- Josh Beyers received his Bachelors of Music (B.M.) degree in jazz performance from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) in 2013. Originally from Illinois, he graduated with a Masters of Music (M.M.) degree in jazz studies from the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in 2015. He has been teaching both snare drum and drum set lessons since 2008. Josh has worked with high school marching drumlines and has been a jazz rhythm section clinician for both middle schools and high schools.
- While attending UNC, he studied with Jim White and performed a concert with UNC’s Lab Band I, which featured guest director/arranger Patrick Williams. He also performed with Downbeat Award Winning Vocal Jazz Group, Vocal Lab, at the 2015 UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival.
- Josh has performed in the United States, Trinidad, Taiwan, Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium. He has had the privilege of making music with Chris Potter, Charles McPherson, Bruce Forman, Stefan Karlsson, Ron Miles, Tamir Hendelman, Christoph Luty, Mark Sloniker, Mark Diamond, Jeff Jenkins and vocal jazz group – Groove For Thought. Additionally, he has taken private studies with Jeff Hamilton, Matt Wilson, and Terreon Gully.
- Currently, he resides in Denver, where he continues to perform professionally throughout the north range area of Colorado. He is also the Educational Outreach Coordinator for Rupp’s Drums, where he visits local middle schools and high schools to perform clinics and assist in repairing percussion/drumset equipment.
For more information about me please visit:
- Devon Rogers started playing drums in elementary school, and began performing with bands in junior high school. In 1985, he moved from the Bay Area to Colorado, and he continued his musical education at The Metro Drum School (MDS) with Gary LeFrancois. He also attended the University of Colorado at Denver, where he studied audio engineering, learning the techniques of studio recording and live sound engineering. He started teaching at The Metro Drum School 20 years ago, and is currently teaching at Rupp’s Drum School.
- Devon has also performed throughout the US and Europe with several bands, including Quadramess (Westword’s Best of 2006 Supergroup), and Kingdom of Magic (Westword’s Best of 2007, Best Live Band). He also continues to do live sound engineering at several Denver music venues.
- Years of audio engineering and drumming have given Devon insight into what it takes to be a good drummer, as well as how to properly set up, tune, and maintain drums to get them sounding their best.
- Lessons are tailored to each student’s specific skill level, objective, and musical interests. Whether it’s helping to learn that classic rock song or modern hit, from the basement hobbyist to the aspiring (or current) live performer, Devon helps drummers of all ages become more confident in their playing.