Rarely does a percussionist reach the level of excellence of Giovanni Hidalgo. He has traveled the globe, performing with Dizzie Gillespie, “El Rey” Tito Puente, Carlos Santana, Paul Simon and the Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart. While Giovanni is known primarily as a Master Conguero, he is brilliant playing all percussion instruments. Ambidextrous, with faultless technical skills and superb musicality, he has created a style all his own. He continuously expands the boundaries of his music.
- Crafted of sonically superior North American Ash
- Manufactured to ensure virtually invisible glue joints, which are the result of precision stave fabrication during the assembly process
- Steel backing plate helps avoid cracks from occurring in the bongo shell that can develop when players in the Salsa genre drop their bongos to the floor and begin playing their bongo cowbell
- 7-1⁄4 in. and 8-5⁄8 in. natural rawhide heads, hand-picked for quality
- 5⁄16 in. diameter tuning lugs carefully formed to hug the shell, making them as comfortable for playing as possible and are complemented with plated cast aluminum bottoms
- LP Comfort Curve II Rims
- They are a great compliment to LP Galaxy Giovanni Series Congas.