2045 S. Holly St. Denver, CO 80222
Rupp’s Drum School is dedicated to providing superior drum instruction in a
Fun and professional environment while maintaining a one on one
Relationship between teacher and student!
Rupp’s Drum School Information
- Lessons will be custom tailored to the specific student.
- All lessons are private and held in a one-on-one teaching environment.
- Lessons available for the beginner to the advanced student.
- Rupp’s uses state of the art Roland electronic drums allowing students to hear the drums as they should be heard while playing. We do not teach on “drum pads.”
- New Roland Drum Tutor program integrates the computer with the electronic drums allowing for quick learning of your favorite tunes.
- Snare drum methods and rudiments will be taught to provide a basis for drum set performance.
- Hand drum lessons are available for students who wish to learn to play congas, bongos, djembe, or similar instruments.
- Keyboard, mallets and bell set instruction.
- Flexible scheduling Monday through Saturday.
- Free lesson available to first time students!
- Lesson length is either 30 or 60 minutes 4 times a month.
- Recommended Student Supplies: Metronome, Lesson Book, Drum Sticks, and Drumsticks. All supplies are available for sale at Rupp’s Drums.
Rupp’s Drum School Goals
Rupp’s Drum School teachers set goals for each individual student. Some goals will be shared by all students and others are individual. The main goal is to make learning the drums a fun experience.
- To instruct each student how to “Read” music for Snare Drum, Drum Set, and Keyboard. This will be an excellent tool to excel in school programs as well as any future music endeavors.
- To teach students to “Groove” in various styles of music such as Rock, Punk, Alternative, Jazz, Latin, and Pop.
- To teach the development of proper technique that will increase speed, stamina, and health. We teach the Moeller method of hand/stick technique that will greatly increase stick control and speed.
- To teach the student how to play the drums along with their favorite music. Students will be able to develop critical listening skills.
- To teach each student rudimental technique that will allow them to excel in performance and composition.
- To teach composition and creativity to all students. Students will learn how to use their knowledge to create beats and fills to fit the music.
- To teach the student proper drum tuning technique.